RevUp Capital aims to do just what its name implies—help startups that are moving fast up a revenue-fueled growth curve.
They do this by giving companies $100K-250K in non-dilutive cash, a science-driven process to accelerate growth, and the human resources to get it done.
RevUp Capital is a non-equity investment fund, and it is unique among non-equity investors in that they pair cash investment with intensive support from their in-house growth marketing team for 12-months post investment (no service fee, delivered in tandem with the cash component of the investment).
RevUp Office Hours in Charlotte
This month, RevUp is back in Charlotte to meet with companies and deepen the fund’s network in the region. RevUp Managing Partner Melissa Withers will host office hours on June 10-12. She’ll also be checking out companies at the Carolina FinTech Hub’s InsureTech Summit and FinTech Generations Summit.
- B2B and B2C companies with revenue traction and a solid growth rate (most enter portfolio in $500K-$3M range)
- High quality team with proven execution ability
- Readiness to grow faster / capacity to absorb resources
- Cash investment ($100K-$200K)
- Dedicated access to RevUp’s in-house growth marketing team for an intensive 12 month period post investment
- Active support RevUp management, an experienced team with 130+ investments under management
- 36-month return period with revenue royalty ranging from 4-8%, no equity
- Deal is capped; revenue contract does not extend for perpetuity if growth exceeds expectations
Category Examples from the RevUp Portfolio
- RF Venue: Spectrum management SaaS and hardware platform that makes wireless pro-audio work and sound better
- MarketMuse: B2B SaaS platform that enables content creators to build more effective content, establish topic authority, and improve SEO
- TVP.NYC: full service 4PPL platform
- Global Data Consortium: SaaS-based electronic identity verification for non-U.S. markets
- Data Society: Data-science training for enterprise customers
- Birdbrain Technologies: Ready-to-use robots and ready-to-build robotics kits for teaching STEM in a group/academic environments
- Treatspace: on-line presence management for mid sized and large medical practices
B2C / E-commerce
- Felix Gray: Fashion forward eyewear with proprietary lens that filters blue light and glare
- Nested Bean: Patented infant sleepwear that mimics human touch
- Recur: Subscription fly fishing gear and swag for the millennial angler
- Adelante: Custom made footwear with a social mission
About Melissa Withers
RevUp Managing Director Melissa Withers has overseen investments in 100+ companies across industries and at various stages of growth. She was previously Managing Director of Betaspring, a nationally-ranked startup accelerator that launched 89 companies between 2009-2014. Melissa’s career began at the Whitehead Institute for Biomedical Research at MIT, where she worked at the intersection of basic research and public policy. She was also co-founder of the Business Innovation Factory, an organization dedicated to the design and testing of new business models.