The deadline for startups to apply for the North Carolina Technology Association’s (NC TECH) annual State of Tech Conference, which will be held May 10 in Raleigh, is quickly approaching. Those interested must submit their online application by March 8.
The presenting sponsor is IBM, and the theme for this year’s conference is Cyber Security. The conference will be held at the Raleigh Convention Center.
Qualifications to Apply:
- Startup executive is available to participate at the event on May 10.
- Headquartered in North Carolina.
- Considered a startup/emerging tech company.
- Developed an innovative product or service that has the potential to be a standout or groundbreaking security technology. Solution/product could include software/analytics, biometrics, encryption, data loss prevention, machine learning, hardware/electronics, authentication, etc.
- Interactive and visual demos are highly recommended.
The conference will feature a day of engaging keynotes, interactive panel discussions, fast-paced pitch competition from tech startups and an exhibit showcase. A pre-conference reception will be held the evening prior, on May 9.
NC TECH will incorporate a STARTUP SHOWCASE by selecting 6 tech startup companies with innovative security technologies to present on stage. Selected companies will be given a 5-minute timeslot to present to general attendance, two complimentary registrations, exhibit space and lots of visibility leading up to the event. Event attendees will vote to select one startup to win $1,000 and the possibility of additional prizes.
To be discussed will be Cyber Security and how it impacts all facets of our lives, and look to future trends and how we can prepare ourselves. In today’s technology-dependent world, the importance of Cyber Security continues to come to the forefront. Cyber attacks are a threat at all levels, from individuals, to government agencies, to businesses of all sizes and industries.
To be considered, submit the ONLINE APPLICATION by March 8.