Social Media / Community Manager
Are you creative and interested in being involved in the Charlotte startup scene? StartCharlotte, a one stop shop for Charlotte-area startup news and information as well as a voice for local startups, investors, and community leaders, is looking to expand its team. We want to hire a Social Media / Community Manager to cover local startup events, collect news stories for our weekly updates and develop and manage our social media accounts. You will also be responsible for additional content creation, maintaining social media accounts, monitoring and engaging in online forums, participating in outreach and promotion and conducting keyword analysis. This position is a great learning opportunity for a social media marketer to engage in hands-on experience focused on building a community. The qualified candidate will need strong critical thinking skills and expected to contribute in brainstorming sessions, manage defined tasks on your own and complete deliverables on-time and as requested.
This position is designed to provide you a great opportunity to be a part of small team and gain experience in a variety of tasks. If you enjoy variation in your daily routines, we want to hear from you. This is a small organization where you will be involved in all aspects of our marketing campaign.
Manage daily social posts to feature StartCharlotte content, partner content, events and other materials as needed
- Coordinate execution of targeted social media campaigns, to include social advertising where appropriate
- Translate StartCharlotte goals and objectives into digital social marketing strategy and execution, with collaboration of StartCharlotte team
- Copywriting with understanding of social creative writing best practices
- Reporting/writing of stories where necessary
- Identify opportunities for strategic AB testing and continuous optimization among the different social platforms
- Foster ongoing community engagement between all platforms, including participating in conversations online with StartCharlotte readers and other key influencers, devising strategies to increase engagement and responding to direct messages
Quickly mitigate and communicate brand issues that may arise on social platforms
- Stay knowledgeable of social platform updates, social trends and successful social media campaigns
- Understanding of social, search engine and web marketing fundamentals
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Experience with social media analytics
Strong ability to write properly, concisely and witty (when time calls for it)
- Familiarity with all social media platforms, and the Hootsuite scheduling tool
- Available to work 5-10 hours a week
Recent graduates majoring in Communications, Journalism, Marketing, Business Administration, or related field preferred. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.