Community Writer Intern
StartCharlotte is a one-stop-shop for Charlotte-area startup news and information, as well as a voice for local startups, investors and community leaders. We are looking for interns to help us expand our coverage, grow our subscription base and establish a more dominant presence in the Charlotte market. The city’s startup scene is growing fast, and we have an amazing opportunity to chronicle that growth in a way no other publication in town can.
We want to hire reporting interns to help us cover local startup events, collect news stories for our weekly updates and interview local founders and funders for in-depth stories on the companies driving Charlotte’s economy forward. The qualified candidate will need strong critical thinking skills and will be expected to brainstorm article ideas, schedule and conduct interviews, write stories, spread content on social media, attend events and build relationships with members of the local startup community. Our interns will work one-on-one with StartCharlotte’s editor to create content that will resonate with our target audience.
We are entrepreneurs ourselves, and this is an opportunity to help build a powerful, one-of-a-kind publication in Charlotte.
- Collect startup related news stories from across various media outlets and assemble in weekly news roundup posts for StartCharlotte website and newsletter
- Write breaking news stories as they happen
- Craft in-depth profiles of local startup founders
- Share content across social channels to help build our buzz
- Brainstorm additional types of content that will help us turn StartCharlotte into a more robust repository of startup-related content
- Attend weekly editorial meetings
- Attend startup events as necessary
- Strong ability to write properly, concisely and witty (when time calls for it)
- Familiarity with all social media platforms
- Energy and enthusiasm for startups and the growing entrepreneurial community in Charlotte.
For more information, email email@example.com.